Fraudulent actions involve an individual’s misrepresenting of oneself or other facts in order to achieve some sort of financial or personal gain. Bank fraud occurs when an individual takes advantage, or attempts to take advantage of a financial institution in this manner. It is a federal crime and conviction for bank fraud and related charges is likely to result in very strict sentencing, as prosecutors are seeking to protect the integrity of the financial system.
If you have been accused of bank fraud, it is critically important that you do not delay speaking with a skilled and experienced attorney. Contact the Milwaukee bank fraud defense attorneys of Kohler Hart Powell, SC, at (414) 271-9595 for the tenacious and committed legal representation that you need and deserve.
Types of Bank Fraud
Banks are powerful institutions. When an individual finds flaws in the system, they may be tempted to take advantage of the situation, leading to bank fraud. The following kinds of activities encompass causes for a bank fraud investigation:
- Performing an illegal act with a financial institution
- Attempting to commit an illegal act
- Planning to commit a bank fraud crime (conspiracy)
- Obtain or trying to obtain funds, credits, or assets owned by the financial institution
- The following are types of bank fraud:
- Stealing checks or other financial instruments
- Floating checks
- Forgery or other falsification of bank-governed documents
- Fraudulent wire transfers
Let us help you to protect your legal rights and freedom. Contact a Milwaukee bank fraud attorney at Kohler Hart Powell, SC, at (414) 271-9595 before you inadvertently say or do something that could compromise your case.