Drug Crimes Attorney Serving Waukesha

Drug Crimes Attorney Serving Waukesha

Possession of drugs can result in anything from a minor misdemeanor to felony charges based on the circumstances of the case. Whenever someone is accused of possession of illegal substances, a number of different factors bear upon the likelihood of a conviction and the severity of sentencing. Because the consequences of a conviction can be severe, it is important to seek capable and experienced legal representation as soon as you can.

If you have been accused of a drug crime, the Waukesha drug crimes attorneys of Hart Powell, S.C. can help you fight the charges. We are committed to protecting the legal rights of our clients, whatever the circumstances may be. To speak with an attorney about your case today, contact us at (414) 271-9595.

Table Of Contents

    Types of Drug Crime Charges

    Drug Crimes Attorney Serving WaukeshaThere is a broad variety of drug-related charges that one could face, and each offense comes with its own particular requirements for the standard of guilt to be met. Factors that will bear upon the charges that are filed include:

    • The amount of the prohibited substance found in the possession of the accused
    • Whether there appears to be intent to distribute
    • Previous record of drug-related crimes
    • The type of drug found in the possession of the accused

    The following are some of the substances that one is barred from possessing in Wisconsin:

    • Cocaine
    • Marijuana
    • Heroin
    • LCD
    • Mushrooms
    • Oxycontin
    • Xanax
    • Rohypnol
    • Ketamine
    • Methamphetamine

    If you are charged with possession with intent to distribute, the severity of the consequences of a conviction will be increased, resulting in more jail time, larger fines, and the imposition of other penalties.

    Contact Us

    If you have been charged with any drug crime, do not delay speaking with a reliable criminal defense attorney. Contact a Waukesha drug crimes attorney of Hart Powell, S.C., by calling (414) 271-9595 immediately.

    Written by Michael Hart & Craig Powell

    Last Updated : January 18, 2024