5 Tips for Dressing for Your Court Appearance
When you have to go to court for a hearing or a court date, you need to make sure that you dress appropriately not only to show that you are serious about your situation but also to show that you respect the judge and other court officials. Many people are unaware of how important their appearance is inside the courtroom and because of this, they hurt their chances of being respected by the judge and/or jury. By following a few simple tips, however, you can make sure you are dressed appropriately for your court date.
Facing criminal charges can be a very distressing time in your life. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this time alone. At Kohler Hart Powell, SC, our Milwaukee criminal defense lawyers are here to help you protect your rights and interests throughout the legal process. To learn more, contact us today at (414) 271-9595 and schedule an initial consultation.
What to Wear to Court
You can make sure you are dressed appropriately for your court date by adhering to the following:
- Before putting on anything, take a shower, shave, brush your teeth, and comb your hair.
- If you can, men should wear a dark-colored suit and tie. If you don’t have a suit, slacks, shirt, and a tie will work.
- Women should wear either a dark-colored pant suit or a conservative dress that isn’t too revealing.
- Don’t wear anything flashy that draws attention to your outfit.
- Take out unconventional piercings and cover tattoos if possible. This can greatly improve your image in a conservative court room.
To speak with a qualified attorney about your legal options, contact the Milwaukee criminal lawyers of Kohler Hart Powell, SC today by calling (414) 271-9595.