Milwaukee Criminal Defense Lawyers
Get our team behind you. Five attorneys working together, fighting for your rights.
The attorneys of Kohler & Hart, one of Wisconsin’s finest criminal defense law firms, are dedicated to representing clients who have been accused or charged in federal and state criminal matters. At Kohler & Hart, our attorneys are licensed to practice in various states before multiple federal, state, and appellate courts. When it comes to your defense, experience matters. Turn to the skilled criminal defense attorneys of Kohler & Hart to provide you with exceptional legal representation as you face criminal charges.
The attorneys of Kohler & Hart understand that we are not only fighting for your rights, but also for the future of your family, job, and reputation. The criminal defense lawyers of Kohler & Hart will do everything in our power to ensure that your rights are protected, your interests are safeguarded, and your entitlement to a fair legal proceeding is maintained.
To learn more about the Milwaukee criminal lawyers of Kohler & Hart and the services we provide, please take a moment to explore the website or call us at 888-565-7597.
Trust Our Experience
In practice since 1977, Marty Kohler has developed a reputation as a talented and tenacious litigator, and has been consistently recognized by his peers as a leader in criminal defense. Over the last three decades, Marty has successfully handled thousands of cases, from white-collar offenses to arsons, sexual assaults to drug conspiracies, and virtually everything in between.
Marty is especially well known for his work in homicide cases. He has represented hundreds of homicide defendants, and built up a remarkable record of acquittals, a number of which have involved confessions by the accused. Contrary to the common adage that “if you kill someone, you go to prison,” Marty has on several occasions been able to obtain probation for defendants who have been convicted of homicide. more »
Recent Results from the Lawyers of Kohler & Hart, SC
- Michael Hart Secures Reduced Charges and Sentences for S.C. Johnson Heir. Michael Hart, Craig Powell, and Geoff Misfeldt of Kohler & Hart, SC, were recently able to secure dramatically reduced charges and sentencing…Read more >>
- Stun Gun and Marijuana Possession Case Dismissed Based on Illegal Seizure. Milwaukee Police Officers approached client sitting in legally parked van… Read More >>
- Prosecution of Marijuana Grow Operation Dropped. Police entered client’s house without a warrant to conduct a welfare check. Read More >>
- Court of Appeals Orders Sexual Assault Case Dismissed. Kohler & Hart Shareholder Craig S. Powell convinced the Wisconsin Court of Appeals that the criminal complaint filed against his client was unconstitutional. Read More >>
- No Criminal Charges to be Filed Against Milwaukee Bucks Star – Michael F. Hart represented Larry Sanders, center for the Milwaukee Bucks, regarding an altercation at a Milwaukee nightclub. Read More >>
- Not Guilty in Child Sexual Assault – Michael F. Hart won an acquittal for his client in a Milwaukee County child sexual assault case. Read More >>
- OWI-1st Reduced to Reckless Driving – Associate Geoffrey Misfeldt convinced the prosecutor to reduce OWI charge to reckless driving after demonstrating a number of proof problems. Read More >>
- Negligent Boating Law Declared Unconstitutional – Client was charged with violating a rarely-used boating law after being involved in a boating accident.Read More >>
- Kohler & Hart Wins Appeal at Wisconsin Supreme Court – Client was charged with violating her professional duties. Martin E. Kohler and Geoffrey Misfeldt convinced a tribunal to dismiss the case on summary judgment grounds.Read More >>
- Craig S. Powell Wins release for Client Found NGI In the Killing of Two Police Officers as a Teenager – In a highly-publicized and emotion-laden case, Kohler & Hart Shareholder Craig S. Powell convinced a Waukesha County jury that his client could be safely released to the community. Read More >>
- Craig S. Powell Wins Dismissal of Gun Charges for Client Based on Illegal Search – Kohler & Hart Shareholder Craig Powell recently won a dismissal of gun charges against his client. The client was surrounded by police in a gas station parking lot based on a claim that the client’s tail light was broken. Read More >>